We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated candidate to join our team to study the interactions between retrotransposons and host genomes, in the context of germline development and early embryogenesis. Using the mouse model, we are broadly interested in identifying the defense strategies developed by mammalian genomes to prevent retrotransposons from interfering with reproductive fitness, and in addressing the impact—deleterious or beneficial—of retrotransposons on genome organization and function. We use a combination of mouse genetics, molecular and cellular biology, genome-wide screens, genomic and transcriptomic profiling by short-read (including single cell) and long-read sequencing followed by adapted computational methodologies for the study of repeated transposable elements.
- Good PhD track record
- Strong background in genetics, molecular biology, cellular biology
- Autonomy and ability to drive a project
- Knowledge of transposon biology: desirable but not essential
- Previous experience with the mouse model (in vivo and cultured cells): asset but not essential
- Bioinformatic expertise: asset but not essential
- Good level in spoken and written English (French not required)
Starting date: anytime from September 2021
Funding: 18 month-contract, renewal once. The salary will follow the Institut Curie guidelines for postdoctoral fellowships. The candidate will be expected to also apply for independent funding; assistance and mentoring will be provided throughout the application process.
The candidate will be strongly supported for career development and will benefit from technical and soft skill courses provided by the Institut Curie Training Unit. Opportunities for mentoring students will be given.
We are reviewing applications as they arrive; candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Please send to Deborah.Bourchis@curie.fr:
– curriculum vitae, including list of publications (preprints included) and communications
– cover letter outlining past research experience, motivation to join our group and career goals
– names/contact information of two references
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.